2.3.5 Key switch
SIEMENS key switch
Siemens AG, 2004. All rights reserved
SINUMERIK 840D/810D Operator's Guide HMI Embedded (BEM) – 03.04 Edition
2.3 Machine control panel keys
When you press the "Spindle Stop" key:
• the spindle is decelerated down to zero speed and
• the associated LED illuminates upon "Spindle Stop".
• to change a tool.
• to enter S, T, H, M functions during setup.
When you press the "Spindle Start" key:
• the spindle speed is accelerated to the value defined in the
• the associated LED lights up as soon as "Spindle Start" has been
accepted by the control.
− The specified increment and the control range apply to standard
machine data (MD). These MD can be changed by the machine-
tool manufacturer to suit the application.
− The maximum spindle speed and the values for the spindle speed
override position are defined in the machine data and setting data
(see information supplied by the machine-tool manufacturer).
The key switch on the SINUMERIK 840D, 810D has 4 settings to
which protection levels 4 to 7 are assigned.
Functions can be assigned to key switch positions by the machine
manufacturer. Using machine data it is also possible to set access to
programs, data, and functions to suit the user's requirements.
The key switch has three different colored keys which can be
removed in the specified positions:
Operator Components/Operating Sequences