Installing the MP Drivers
You can access our web site through the Internet and download the latest MP Drivers and XPS printer driver
for your model.
The procedure for installing the downloaded MP Drivers is as follows:
1. Turn off the printer
2. Start the installer
Double-click the icon of the downloaded file.
The installation program starts.
• In Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista, a confirmation/warning dialog box
may appear when starting, installing or uninstalling software.
This dialog box appears when administrative rights are required to perform a task.
When you are logged on to an administrator account, click Yes (or Continue, Allow) to continue.
Some applications require an administrator account to continue. In such cases, switch to an
administrator account, and restart the operation from the beginning.
3. Install the MP Drivers
Take the appropriate action as described on the screen.
4. Complete the installation
Depending on the environment you are using, a message prompting you to restart the computer may be
displayed. To complete the installation properly, restart the computer.
• You can install the XPS printer driver with the same procedure for installing the MP Drivers. However,
when installing the XPS printer driver, first complete installation of the MP Drivers.
• You can download the MP Drivers and XPS printer driver for free, but any Internet access charges
incurred are your responsibility.
• Before installing the latest MP Drivers,
Obtaining the Latest MP Drivers
Deleting the Unnecessary MP Drivers
Before Installing the MP Drivers
delete the previously installed