Paper Does Not Feed Properly/"No Paper" Error
Make sure paper is loaded.
When loading paper, consider the following.
• When loading two or more sheets of paper, align the edges of the sheets before loading the paper.
• When loading two or more sheets of paper, make sure the paper stack does not exceed the paper load
However, paper may not feed correctly at the maximum capacity, depending on the type of paper or
environmental conditions (very high or low temperature and humidity). In such cases, reduce the amount of
paper you load at a time to less than half of the paper load limit.
• Always load the paper in portrait orientation, regardless of the printing orientation.
• When loading paper in the cassette, slide the paper guide on the front side to align with the corresponding
mark of page size. Load the paper with the print side facing DOWN, load the paper stack in the center of
the cassette and slide the paper guides to align with the both edges of the paper stack.
Is paper too thick or curled?
Media Types You Cannot Use
When loading postcards or envelopes, consider the following:
• If a postcard is curled, it may not feed properly even though the paper stack does not exceed the paper load
Load Japanese postcards with their postcode column toward the far end of the cassette 1.
• When printing on envelopes, see
Once you have prepared the envelopes, load them in portrait orientation. If the envelopes are placed in
landscape orientation, they will not feed properly.
Make sure media type and paper size settings match with loaded paper.
Make sure disc tray guide is closed completely.
Paper does not feed properly if the disc tray guide is even slightly open.
Placing a Printable Disc
Clean paper feed roller.
Cleaning the Paper Feed Roller
Paper, and prepare the envelopes before printing.