The icon appears in the notification area on the desktop, and the Scan-from-PC Settings screen
appears. In that case, skip ahead to Step 3.
2. In the notification area on the desktop, right-click
then select Settings....
The Scan-from-PC Settings screen appears.
3. Select your scanner or printer from Scanners.
Normally, the MAC address of your scanner or printer is already selected after the network setup. In
that case, you do not need to select it again.
• If multiple scanners exist on the network, multiple model names appear. In that case, you can
select one scanner per model.
4. Click OK.
• The scanner selected in the Scan-from-PC Settings screen will be automatically selected in the Scan-
from-Operation-Panel Settings screen as well.
Setting for Scanning with IJ Scan Utility
To scan from IJ Scan Utility using a scanner or printer connected to a network, specify your scanner or
printer with IJ Network Scanner Selector EX, then follow the steps below to change the connection status
between it and the computer.
Start IJ Scan Utility.
2. Select "Canon XXX series Network" (where "XXX" is the model name) for Product
3. Click Settings... to use another scanner connected to a network.
(General Settings), then click Select in Product Name.
The Scan-from-PC Settings screen of IJ Network Scanner Selector EX appears.
Select the scanner you want to use and click OK.
5. In the Settings (General Settings) dialog box, click OK.
The IJ Scan Utility main screen reappears. You can scan via a network connection.
Setting for Scanning from the Operation Panel
You can make the setting for scanning from the operation panel.
(IJ Network Scanner Selector EX),