• Scanning takes longer than usual when you enable this function.
(2) Save Settings Area
Enter the file name of the image to be saved. When you save a file, the date and four digits are
appended to the set file name in the "_20XX0101_0001" format.
• When you select the Save to a subfolder with current date checkbox, the date and four digits
are appended to the set file name.
Displays the folder in which to save the scanned images. To add a folder, select Add... from the pull-
down menu, then click Add in the displayed Select Destination Folder dialog box and specify the
The default save folders are as follows.
• Windows 8.1: Documents folder
• Windows 8: My Documents folder
• Windows 7: My Documents folder
• Windows Vista: Documents folder
• Windows XP: My Documents folder
Auto is selected. The following data formats are automatically applied according to the item type
• Photos, postcards, BD/DVD/CD, and business cards: JPEG
• Magazines, newspapers, and documents: PDF
• The save format may differ depending on how you place the item.
"Positioning Originals (Scanning from
JPEG Image Quality
You can specify the image quality of JPEG files.
Select the compression type for saving PDF files.
It is recommended that you normally select this setting.
Compresses the file size when saving, allowing you to reduce the load on your network/server.
Create a PDF file that supports keyword search
Select this checkbox to convert text in images into text data and create PDF files that support
Computer)" for how to place items.