To ensure the best print quality, the machine allows a margin along each edge of media. The actual
printable area will be the area inside these margins.
Recommended printing area
: The area where it is possible to print. However, printing in this area can affect the print
quality or the paper feed precision.
• With performing Automatic Duplex Printing and Duplex (Two-sided) Copying, the printable area will be
0.08 inch (2 mm) smaller at the top margin.
• When performing borderless copying or borderless printing from a printed photo, select Extended copy
amount in Print settings of Device settings to specify the amount of images that extends off the
• By selecting Borderless Printing option, you can make prints with no margins.
• When performing Borderless Printing, slight cropping may occur at the edges since the printed image is
enlarged to fill the whole page.
• For Borderless Printing, use the following paper:
• Photo Paper Pro Platinum <PT-101>
• Glossy Photo Paper "Everyday Use" <GP-501/GP-601>
• Photo Paper Glossy <GP-601>
• Photo Paper Plus Glossy II <PP-201>
• Photo Paper Pro Luster <LU-101>
• Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss <SG-201>
• Matte Photo Paper <MP-101>
Performing Borderless Printing on any other type of paper may substantially reduce printing quality
and/or result in printouts with altered color hues.
Borderless Printing on plain paper may result in printouts with reduced quality. Use them only for test
printing. Borderless Printing onto plain paper from the operation panel or from a PictBridge (Wireless
LAN) compliant device is not supported.
• Borderless Printing is not available for legal, A5, or B5 sized paper, envelopes, or non-Canon genuine
• Depending on the type of paper, Borderless Printing may reduce the print quality at the top and bottom
edges of the paper or cause these parts to become smudged.
: Canon recommends that you print within this area.