Input Settings allows you to set the following items:
The type of document to be scanned is displayed. To scan from the Platen, select Platen; to scan from
the ADF (Auto Document Feeder), select Document (ADF Simplex) or Document (ADF Duplex).
• Some applications do not support continuous scanning from the ADF. For details, refer to the
• You can select Document (ADF Duplex) when using a model supporting ADF duplex scanning.
Select the size of the document to be scanned. This setting is available in whole image view only.
When scanning both sides of the documents automatically from the ADF, select A4 or Letter.
When you select a size, the Preview area size changes accordingly.
• Some applications have a limit to the amount of scan data they can receive. Available scan range
is as follows.
• 21000 pixels x 30000 pixels or less
• If you change Paper Size after previewing, the preview image will be deleted.
• If you are not sure which size you should select for Paper Size, set Paper Size to Full Platen, then
measure the size of the document and enter the values into
Set the orientation and stapling side of the documents to scan from the ADF.