Setting Up Card Slot as Memory Card Drive of Computer
The card slot of the machine can also be used as the memory card drive of the computer.
• When Read/write attribute in Device user settings under Device settings is set to Writable from
USB PC using the operation panel of the machine, you cannot print photos on a memory card using the
operation panel of the machine. After using the card slot as the memory card drive of the computer,
remove the memory card and be sure to set Read/write attribute to Not writable from PC. When you
turned off the machine, Writable from USB PC will be canceled and the setting is returned to Not
writable from PC when you turn on the machine next time.
Make sure machine is turned on.
2. Make sure memory card is not set.
If the memory card is set, remove it from the card slot.
Inserting the Memory Card
3. Flick HOME screen and tap
Using the Operation Panel
5. Tap Device user settings.
6. Tap Read/write attribute.
7. Check message that is displayed and tap OK.
8. Tap read/write attribute to specify setting.
Writable from USB PC
The card slot is used as the memory card drive of a computer connected to the machine via USB.
Data can be written on the memory card from the computer.
Not writable from PC
The card slot is used only for reading. Be sure to select this mode when printing photos from a
• When Writable from USB PC is selected, the auto power off setting is inactive.
For more on the auto power off setting: