1. Enable printer access control(IP address)
Select to enable access control to the printer by IP address.
• The two types of access control (i.e., by MAC address and by IP address) can be enabled at
the same time.
An access control type is enabled as long as the Enable printer access control check box is
selected, regardless of the type currently displayed by selecting in Printer Access Control
• When both access control types are enabled at the same time, a computer or a network device
whose address is registered to either list will be allowed access to the printer.
2. Accessible IP Addresses:
Shows the registered IP addresses and any comments.
The Edit Accessible IP Address screen is displayed to edit the settings selected in Accessible IP
Edit Accessible IP Address Screen/Add Accessible IP Address Screen
The Add Accessible IP Address screen is displayed to register the IP address of a computer or a
network device from which to access the printer over the network.
• Add the IP address of all computers or network devices within the network from which to access
the printer. The printer cannot be accessed from a computer or a network device that is not on
• Up to 16 IP addresses can be registered. IP addresses specified by Range Specification are
counted as one address. Use Range Specification when you intend to register 17 or more IP