Changing the Printer Operation Mode
If necessary, switch between various modes of printer operation.
The procedure for configuring Custom Settings is as follows:
1. Open the
printer driver setup window
2. Make sure that the printer is on, and then click Custom Settings on the Maintenance
The Custom Settings dialog box opens.
• If the printer is off or if communication between the printer and the computer is disabled, an
error message may appear because the computer cannot collect the printer status.
If this happens, click OK to display the most recent settings specified on your computer.
3. If necessary, complete the following settings:
Detects a printable disc in the disc tray
Detects whether a printable disc is loaded on the disc tray during disc label printing and displays a
message if a disc is not loaded.
Check this check box to print with detecting whether a printable disc is loaded.
Uncheck this check box to print without detecting whether a printable disc is loaded.
• If you leave this check box unchecked, the printer may print to the disc tray even if a printable
disc is not loaded on the disc tray. Therefore, you should check this check box under normal
• If you load a printable disc that has already been printed onto the disc tray, the printer may
detect that no printable disc is loaded on the disc tray. In this case, uncheck this check box.
Prevent paper abrasion
The printer can increase the gap between the print head and the paper during high-density
printing to prevent paper abrasion.
Check this check box to prevent paper abrasion.
Align heads manually
Usually, the Print Head Alignment function on the Maintenance tab is set to automatic head
alignment, but you can change it to manual head alignment.
If the printing results of automatic print head alignment are not satisfactory,
Check this check box to perform the manual head alignment. Uncheck this check box to perform
the automatic head alignment.
Rotate 90 degrees left when orientation is [Landscape]
On the Page Setup tab, you can change the rotation direction of the Landscape in the
perform manual head