Printing on Postcards
This section describes the procedure for postcard printing.
on the printer
2. Open the
printer driver setup window
3. Select commonly used settings
Display the Quick Setup tab, and for Commonly Used Settings, select Standard.
4. Select the media type
For Media Type, select Ink Jet Hagaki (A), Ink Jet Hagaki, Hagaki K (A), Hagaki K, Hagaki (A), or
• This printer cannot print on postcards that have photos or stickers attached.
• When you use the automatic duplex printing function to print a postcard, print the address side
first and then print the message side.
• When printing on each side of a postcard separately, you will get cleaner printing if you print the
message side first and then print the address side.
• The paper settings on the printer driver are different, depending on whether you are printing on
the address side or the message side. For details about the cassette paper information to be
registered to the printer driver and on the printer, see the following:
Paper Settings on the Printer Driver and the Printer (Media Type)
Paper Settings on the Printer Driver and the Printer (Paper Size)
• When you use the automatic duplex printing function, register the paper information for the side to
be printed first.
5. Select the paper size
For Printer Paper Size, select Hagaki 100x148mm or Hagaki 2 200x148mm.
• Return postcards can be used only when you print them from the computer.
• When printing a return postcard, always set the paper size to Hagaki 2 200x148mm from your
application software or the printer driver.
• Do not fold the return postcard. If a crease is formed, the printer will not be able to feed the
postcard properly, and this condition will cause line shifts or a paper jam.
• With return postcards, automatic duplex printing and borderless printing cannot be used.
6. Set the print orientation
To print the address horizontally, set Orientation to Landscape.
7. Select the print quality
For Print Quality, select High or Standard, according to your purpose.