7. Make sure card slot is mounted.
When the card slot is mounted, the following icon appears on Computer (or My Computer).
Restrictions on Card Slot Use over Network
• The card slot can be shared by multiple computers, if the machine is connected to a network. Multiple
computers can read files from a memory card in the card slot at the same time. However, while one
computer is writing a file into a memory card, other computers cannot access the same file.
• If your computer joins a domain, the card slot may not be mounted as the network drive.
• If you use the memory card stored the large size files or many files, a large amount of card access
may be generated. In this case, the operation in the memory card may be impossible or slow. Operate
after the Access lamp of the machine is lit.
• When you access the network drive for the card slot over the network, file names consisting of eight
or less lowercase letters (not including its extension) may be shown in uppercase.
For example, a file name such as "abcdefg.doc" will be "ABCDEFG.DOC", while a name such as
"AbcdeFG.doc" will appear the same.
The file is not actually renamed, but merely appears to be changed.
• When you enable a memory card in the card slot of the machine to be writable only from a USB-
connected computer, you cannot access the network drive of the card slot. On the other hand, when
you enable it to be writable only from a LAN-connected computer, the card slot is not detected via
USB. Make sure the card slot setting is selected properly according to your connection method.
To read files from a memory card via USB and over a network, disable the function to write files to a
memory card from a computer. You cannot write files to a memory card in either way with this setting.
• When you enable a memory card in the card slot of the machine to be writable only from a LAN-
connected computer, you can write files to a memory card from a computer connected to a network.
Note that it may increase the risk that the data on the memory card is infected by computer viruses or
We recommend you use the access control function of the machine or connect to the Internet via a
router. For information on using a router, contact your Internet service provider or a network device
• If you write files to a memory card over a network when IJ Network Scanner Selector EX is not
running, the Date Modified of the files may not be proper. Make sure to start up IJ Network Scanner
Selector EX before you write files to a memory card over the network. For details, refer to "IJ Network
Scanner Selector EX Menu and Setting Screen" from the HOME of your product's Online Manual.