• If you tap Local (USB) on the Select PC screen, the data is forwarded to the USB-connected
• When you forward the scanned data to the computer using WSD (one of the network
protocols supported in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista), select
Enable for WSD scan from this device on WSD setting on Other settings in LAN settings
under Device settings.
If you tap Search again, the machine starts searching for the connected computers again.
3. Specify settings as necessary.
A. Tap to select the document type.
• When you forward the scanned data to the computer searched using WSD, you cannot select
the document type.
The machine detects the type of the originals automatically and the image is forwarded in the
optimized size, resolution and data format.
• Load originals properly according to their type; otherwise, some originals may not be scanned
For more on loading the original:
• The following items can be scanned:
Photos, postcards, visiting cards, magazines, newspapers, documents, BD/DVD/CDs
• The following items cannot be scanned properly.
• A4 sized photos
• Documents smaller than 5 inches x 7 inches (127 mm x 178 mm) such as a paperback
with its backbone cut off
• Originals on thin white paper
• Long and narrow originals such as panoramic photographs