(2) Save Settings Area
Enter the file name of the image to be saved. When you save a file, the date and four digits are
appended to the set file name in the "_20XX0101_0001" format.
• When you select the Save to a subfolder with current date checkbox, the date and four digits
are appended to the set file name.
Displays the folder in which to save the scanned images. To add a folder, select Add... from the pull-
down menu, then click Add in the displayed Select Destination Folder dialog box and specify the
The default save folders are as follows.
• Windows 8.1: Documents folder
• Windows 8: My Documents folder
• Windows 7: My Documents folder
• Windows Vista: Documents folder
• Windows XP: My Documents folder
• When the Settings dialog box is displayed from My Image Garden, this option does not appear.
Select the data format in which to save the scanned images.
You can select JPEG/Exif, TIFF, PNG, PDF, PDF (Multiple Pages), or Auto.
• When Auto is selected, the save format may differ depending on how you place the item.
Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
• You cannot select JPEG/Exif when Color Mode is Black and White.
• When Start OCR is selected in Application Settings, you cannot select PDF, PDF (Multiple
Pages), or Auto.
• Auto appears only when Auto is selected for Select Source.
• With network connection, scanning may take longer than usual when you set TIFF or PNG in
JPEG Image Quality
You can specify the image quality of JPEG files.
• This appears only when JPEG/Exif or Auto is selected in Data Format.
Select the compression type for saving PDF files.
It is recommended that you normally select this setting.