Check the Page Size list. When you want to change it, select another page size from the list. The list
displays only sizes that can be used for borderless printing.
4. Adjust the amount of extension from the paper
If necessary, adjust the amount of extension using the Amount of Extension slider.
Moving the slider to the right increases the amount extending off the paper, and moving the slider to
the left decreases the amount.
It is recommended to set the slider at the second position from the right for most cases.
• When the Amount of Extension slider is set to the rightmost position, the back side of the
paper may become smudged.
5. Complete the setup
When you execute print, the data is printed without any margins on the paper.
• When a page size that cannot be used for borderless printing is selected, the size is automatically
changed to the valid page sizes for borderless printing.
• When Borderless is selected, the Printer Paper Size, Duplex Printing, Stapling Side settings, and
the Stamp/Background... (Stamp...) button on the Page Setup tab appear grayed out and are
• When Other Fine Art Paper, Envelope, High Resolution Paper, or T-Shirt Transfers is selected
from the Media Type list on the Main tab, you cannot perform borderless printing.
• Depending on the type of the media used during borderless printing, the print quality may deteriorate
at the top and bottom of the sheet or stains may form.
• When the ratio of the height to the width differs from the image data, a portion of the image may not
be printed depending on the size of the media used.
In this case, crop the image data with an application software according to the paper size.
• When Plain Paper is selected for Media Type on the Main tab, borderless printing is not
recommended. Therefore, the message for media selection appears.
When you are using plain paper for test printing, select Plain Paper, and click OK.
Expanding the Range of the Document to Print
Setting a large amount of extension allows you to perform borderless printing with no problems. However,
the portion of the document extending off the paper range will not be printed and for this reason, the
subjects around the perimeter of a photo may not be printed.
When you are not satisfied with the result of borderless printing, reduce the amount of extension. The
extension amount decreases as the Amount of Extension slider is moved to the left.