the platen may be saved as PDF files. To save in a
format other than PDF, scan by specifying the data
Placing Multiple Items:
Allow 0.4 inch (1 cm) or more space between the edges
(diagonally striped area) of the platen and items, and
between items. Portions placed on the diagonally striped
area cannot be scanned.
more than 0.4 inch (1 cm)
• You can place up to 12 items.
• You can place up to four items when the Compress
scanned images upon transfer checkbox is selected
in the Settings dialog box of IJ Scan Utility.
• With network connection, items may not be scanned
correctly when five or more items are placed. In that
case, reduce the number of items placed on the platen
to four or less, then scan again.
• Positions of slanted items (10 degrees or less) are
Placing Documents (ADF (Auto Document Feeder))
• Do not leave thick items on the platen when scanning from the ADF. May result in paper jam.
• Place and align documents of the same size when scanning two or more documents.
• Refer to "Originals You Can Load" for your model from Home of the Online Manual for details on
supported document sizes when scanning from the ADF.
1. Open the document tray.