• If you have more than one scanner or printer, a scanner selection screen may appear. Double-
click the scanner you want to use.
• For USB connection: Canon XXX series (where "XXX" is the model name)
• For network connection: XXX series_MAC address (where "XXX" is the model name)
3. Select the type of picture according to the item to be scanned.
Select from Color picture, Grayscale picture, Black and white picture or text, and Custom
• When using the scanner or printer with network connection, the options for the type of picture
may differ from those displayed with USB connection.
• To scan with the values previously set in Adjust the quality of the scanned picture, select
4. Click Adjust the quality of the scanned picture and set the preferences as required.
Move the slider to adjust the brightness. Move it to the left to darken and right to brighten the
image. You can also enter a value (-127 to 127).
Move the slider to adjust the contrast. Moving it to the left will decrease the contrast of the image,
thus softening the image. Moving it to the right will increase the contrast of the image, thus
sharpening the image. You can also enter a value (-127 to 127).
Enter the resolution. Specify a value between 50 dpi and 600 dpi.
• When using the scanner or printer with network connection, the following resolutions can be
150 dpi / 300 dpi / 600 dpi
Select the type of scan you want for your item.
Click to restore the original settings.
• When using the scanner or printer with network connection, you cannot specify Brightness and
5. Click Preview to preview the image.
The preview image appears on the right. Drag
6. Click Scan.
to specify the scan area.