IJ Network Tool
IJ Network Tool is a utility that enables you to display and modify the machine network settings. It is installed
when the machine is set up.
• To use the machine over LAN, make sure you have the equipment necessary for the connection type,
such as a wireless router or a LAN cable.
• Do not start up IJ Network Tool while printing.
• Do not print when IJ Network Tool is running.
• If the firewall function of your security software is turned on, a message may appear warning that
Canon software is attempting to access the network. If the warning message appears, set the security
software to always allow access.
• IJ Network Tool has been verified to work on Windows XP, however, it does not support Fast User
Switching. We recommend you exit IJ Network Tool before switching users.
Starting up IJ Network Tool
1. Start up IJ Network Tool as shown below.
• In Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, select IJ Network Tool on the Start screen to start IJ Network
Tool. If IJ Network Tool is not displayed on the Start screen, select the Search charm and
search for "IJ Network Tool".
• In Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, click Start and select All programs, Canon
Utilities, IJ Network Tool, and then IJ Network Tool.
Depending on the printer you are using, an administrator password is already specified for the printer at
the time of purchase. When you change the network settings, authentication by the administrator
password is required.
For improving security, we recommend you change the administrator password.
Changing Settings in Admin Password Sheet