Aligning the Print Head Position Manually
Print head alignment corrects the installation positions of the print head and improves deviated colors and
This printer supports two head alignment methods:
Normally, the printer is set for automatic head alignment.
If the printing results of automatic print head alignment are not satisfactory, perform manual head alignment.
The procedure for performing manual print head alignment is as follows:
• If the disc tray guide is open, close it.
• The pattern is printed only in black and blue.
Print Head Alignment
1. Open the
printer driver setup window
2. Click Custom Settings on the Maintenance tab
The Custom Settings dialog box opens.
• If the printer is off or if communication between the printer and the computer is disabled, an
error message may appear because the computer cannot collect the printer status.
If this happens, click OK to display the most recent settings specified on your computer.
3. Switch head alignment to manual
Check the Align heads manually check box.
4. Apply the settings
Click OK and when the confirmation message appears, click OK.
5. Click Print Head Alignment on the Maintenance tab
The Start Print Head Alignment dialog box opens.
6. Load paper in the printer
Load three sheets of A4 size or Letter size plain paper into the cassette 2.
7. Execute head alignment
Make sure that the printer is on and click Align Print Head.
Follow the instruction in the message.
• Do not open the operation panel while printing is in progress.
automatic head alignment
and manual head alignment.