6.3.11 BIT MAP FONT DATA COMMAND
Provides data for the bit map font row.
[ESC] RCaaa; bbb ------ bbb [LF] [NUL]
Link Field Data Command
[ESC] RC; ccc ------ ccc [LF] ddd ------ ddd [LF] ------ [LF] xxx ------ xxx [LF] [NUL]
bbb ------ bbb: Data string to be printed
ccc ------ ccc:
ddd ------ ddd: Data string of link field No. 2
xxx ------ xxx:
Note: If the Bit Map Font Data Command is sent without entering any data string for the
Character string number
000 to 199 (Two digits, 00 to 99, also acceptable.)
Max. 255 digits
(Max. 127 digits when the font type is r, 51, 52, 53, 54, or 55.)
Any excess data will be discarded.
For the character codes, refer to chapter 12 "CHARACTER CODE
Data string of link field No. 1
Data string of link field No. 99
specified character string number (e.g. [ESC]RC00;[LF][NUL]), the previous data
string of the same character string number (No. 00 in the case of the above
example) is deleted.
Link field data string
• After the link field No. is designated in the Format Command, data strings are
linked using the Link Field Data Command to draw an image.
• Up to 255 digits of data strings can be linked. However, when the font type is
r, 51, 52, 53, 54, or 55, only up to 127 digits can be linked.
When the number of digits exceeds the maximum value, excess data will be
• Up to 99 data strings can be linked.
• Up to 2048 bytes can be used as the command length ([ESC] to [NUL]) of the
Link Field Data Command.
• When the data string is omitted in the Link Field Data Command, the following
process is performed:
No process will be performed for the field which contains no print data due
to the omission.
When the field partially loses print data due to the omission, the only
remaining data will be processed as print data.
• The Link Field Data Command can be used for the bit map font fields, outline
font fields, and bar code fields.
(The same result is obtained when any of the "RC," "RV" or "RB" command
code is designated.)
- 143 -