6.5 EXPLANATION OF THE RFID RELATED COMMANDS
RFID TAG POSITION ADJUSTMENT COMMAND
Sets the feed amount to adjust the RFID tag position before writing data onto it.
If the RFID tag is not positioned just above the RFID antenna when the paper is at the
print start position, the printer automatically feeds the paper forward or backward by the
specified amount to write data onto the RFID tag prior to printing.
Also, specifies the offset printing function which enables printing and writing data on
short-pitch tags at the same time.
[ESC] @003; abbbb(, c) [LF] [NUL]
bbbb: Feed amount
(1) The printer automatically feeds paper forward or backward before writing data onto
(2) Only the value of −30 or less, or +30 or more becomes effective.
(3) When the head up function has been enabled, it will be performed when the feed
(4) Transmitting the Image Buffer Clear Command clears the settings of this
(5) This command is ignored for on-the-fly issues.
(6) The offset printing is a function that the printer prints on a label while writing data
0000 to 9999 (In units of 0.1 mm)
Offset printing (Omissible)
0: Offset printing is not performed (normal operation). (Default)
1: Offset printing is performed without a reverse feed of the first label.
2: Offset printing is performed with a reverse feed of the first label.
the RFID tag as specified in this command. After that, the printer returns the
paper to the print start position for printing.
amount is set to −50 or less, or +50 or more .
onto the tag of a next label. This is useful to continuously issue multiple RFID
When using approx. 20-mm pitch labels, for example, a next label (Label 2) is
supposed to be positioned just above the antenna when the previous label (Label
1) is at the print position. In this case, enabling the offset printing eliminates a
need for a reverse feed to the tag write position, causing the total throughput to
- 248 -