2. If you are installing a processor in a new HP NetServer, skip to step 4;
otherwise, shut down the network operating system according to directions
in your NOS documentation and power down the HP NetServer according
to the instructions in Chapter 2, "Controls, Ports, and Indicators."
3. Disconnect the power cord and cables and, if necessary, label each one to
Power supplies will continue to provide standby current to the
NetServer until the power cables are disconnected.
4. To gain access to the system board assembly, follow instructions in
Chapter 3, "Opening and Closing the HP NetServer."
In the LH 3000r, this assembly is under the Cover 2 on the
right; in the LH 3000, it is under the top cover.
5. Raise the blue retaining latches to disengage the board.
6. Pull the system board assembly out until it clears the chassis.
Figure 7-2. Removing the System Board Assembly from the Rack-mount HP
Installing Additional Processors
Blue Retaining Latches