2. On your first use of the CD, HP Navigator prompts you to set the time and
date and gives you an opportunity to change the display language.
You might also be asked to update your system BIOS. Follow
the instructions to do so.
3. Read the Readme File: Select "Readme File" from the HP Navigator Main
Menu. The Readme file contains the latest information to help you install
your HP NetServer.
4. Run DiagTools: To verify the HP NetServer hardware as shipped, run
DiagTools by first creating DiagTools flexible diskettes from the
HP NetServer Navigator CD-ROM. For more information on how to use
DiagTools to detect all processors and memory on the system board, refer
to the online HP NetServer DiagTools Error Reference and User Guide.
5. Install Information Assistant: Install Information Assistant from the
HP NetServer Online Documentation CD-ROM onto a system other than
the HP NetServer you are installing.
Go to Chapter 11, "Information Assistant," for information on how to gain
access to online documentation.
6. Run Configuration Assistant and Installation Assistant: Select
"Configuration and Installation Assistant."
7. Configure Mass Storage: This HP NetServer ships with the hot-swap mass
storage device(s) NetRAID enabled. To configure the drive(s), either:
Run HP NetRAID Assistant to configure one or more RAID logical
drives. To run HP NetRAID Assistant, select "Execute" from the
Configure Disk Array screen.
Restart the HP NetServer.
a. Press function key [F2] when prompted on the boot screen.
b. Press function key [F10] to save the configuration and exit the
c. Answer "Yes" to the question "Save Configuration and Exit Now?"
The HP NetServer will reboot, and HP Navigator will restart.
8. Select the configuration mode from the next screen.
Three configuration modes are available. Refer to the Chapter 10,
"Configuring the HP NetServer."
Setting Up the HP NetServer LH 3000r and LH 3000