15. Follow the procedure in Chapter 3, "Opening and Closing the HP
NetServer," for closing up the server.
16. Reconnect power and cables.
17. Power on the HP NetServer according to the respective NOS power-up
All PCI slots (with the PCI hold-down latch closed) power on
and all new boards are recognized by the HP NetServer when it
reboots, regardless of the presence of a driver or a PCI
If the PCI board requires a driver (non-hot-plug-compliant or
hot-plug-compliant) that is not loaded during NOS installation,
you must load the driver according to the respective NOS's
driver installation process before you can use the board. Refer
to "Hot Adding or Replacing Hot-Plug PCI Boards" for more
18. Use the respective NOS to ensure the correct software drivers for the PCI
board are loaded and verify correction operation.
If the hot-plug compliant driver and the Hot-Plug Utility are
not loaded during the configuration process (NOS installation),
you will not be able to use the Hot-Plug option until the utility
and drivers are loaded. Refer to the respective NOS Hot-Plug
Help files to load the Hot-Plug Utility and hot-plug compliant
drivers and then initialize the driver(s) if it is not done
19. Restore the HP NetServer to normal operation.
Installing Additional PCI Boards