Measuring Cycles for Milling and Machining Centers
5.10 CYCLE996 workpiece: Measure kinematics
When the 1st measurement is begun, the intermediate results (ball center points) of the rotary axis
1st measurement of 1st rotary axis → Delete _OVR ... _OVR
1st measurement of 2nd rotary axis → Delete _OVR ... _OVR
Programmable adjustable parameters
The following parameters should be programmed in the main program for "Measure
kinematics" with CYCLE996:
● 0 = Only enter calculated offset vectors when the operator has acknowledged M0 with NC
● 1 = Enter calculated offset vectors immediately (no M0)
● 0 = Measurement with the calibration ball parallel to the axis
● 1 = Measurement with the calibration ball at an angle
– For Calculate kinematics and measurement variant "Enter measuring result".
– Only when the tolerance of the offset vectors has not been exceeded in the
With this variant, the kinematics can be measured, e.g. at 90 degree positions, without
the shank of the calibration ball mechanically preventing the measurement.
The starting angle, parameter _STA1, must be specified externally in the main program.
Value range of the starting angle _STA1, 0 to 360 degrees.
The leading angle _INCA is equal to 90 degrees.
Parameter _SPEED is used as feedrate on the circular path.
See also Programming Manual, Measuring cycles: Measure ball CYCLE997
1. Measurement of 1st rotary axis
2. Measurement of 1st rotary axis
3. Measurement of 1st rotary axis
1. Measurement of 2nd rotary axis
2. Measurement of 2nd rotary axis
3. Measurement of 2nd rotary axis
Actual value of rotary axis 1 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd measurement
Actual value of rotary axis 2 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd measurement
Rotary axis vectors V1xyz
Rotary axis vectors V2xyz
Programming Manual, 03/2009 Edition, 6FC5398-4BP10-2BA0