4.12.3 Measuring the Distance and Bearing Between 2 Points (Navigation
· Navigation Assistance 4 allows you to specify a start point and an end point, and calculate the
distance and bearing between the two points.
· The start and end points can be selected from the following 5 items.
(1) Own ship's position
(2) Specified latitude and longitude
(3) Cursor position
(4) Waypoint list:
(5) Event/mark list
(Refer to "3.1.9 Navigation Assistance Screen" for screen details)
several times to display the Navigation Assistance screen.
The cursor will move to "STARTING POINT", so press
(1) If you select "OWN SHIP", the latitude and longitude of your ship position will be
(2) If you select "LAT/LON", the cursor will move to the latitude and longitude position, so
please enter your desired latitude and longitude values.
(3) If you select "CURSOR", the plot screen will be displayed, so move the cursor to select
the desired position.
(4) If you select "WPT LIST", the waypoint list will be displayed, so move the cursor to
select the desired waypoint.
(5) If you select "EVENT LIST", the event/mark list will be displayed, so move the cursor to
select the desired event/mark.
The cursor will move to "TERMINAL POINT", so press
Select the end point using the same procedures provided for selecting start points.
The cursor will move to "SAIL GC/RL", so press
For distance calculation, select RL for "RHUMB LINE" measurement, and GC for "GREAT
The distance and bearing between the specified start and end points will be displayed.
When GC is selected as the distance measurement method, bearing is not displayed.
Navigation Assistance 4 Screen
several times to display the Navigation Assistance 4 screen.
to select the start point selection method, and press
to select the end point selection method, and press
to select the distance measurement method, and press