4.9 Entering Comments
· Comments of up to 16 characters can be added to waypoints, events, marks, and routes.
· Characters are assigned to the numeric keypad, and can be entered by pressing the keypad
· If the display language is set to Japanese, katakana entry can be performed.
· The characters assigned to the numeric keypad can be displayed onscreen.
· The entry example will show how to input "Tokyo" on the waypoint entry screen.
· Katakana is only available when the display language is set to Japanese.
Please refer to "4.4.2 Registering Waypoints" and display the waypoint registration screen.
"COMMENT" to enter comment entry mode.
Current mode display
to set "MODE" to "ABC".
The "T" in "Tokyo" is assigned to numeric keypad number 8, so press
The characters assigned to the numeric keypad are printed on the key tops.
until a "T" is displayed at the cursor position in the comment field.
All characters assigned to numeric keypad key 8 are displayed onscreen.
to select the next letter.
assigned to "8" on
the numeric keypad
pressed, the next
to change modes as follows: Numbers → Alphabet → Symbols.