Reassemble the assembly, paying special attention to the tig-
htening of the fork stem, as well as the fitting of the oil seal,
putting a little oil on its edges and inserting it with the aid of
the special tool. Refill the hydraulic fluid and do not forget to
insert the preload bush between the spring and the closing
FREE LENGTH OF SPRING (MM)
180 ± 2
Fork elements tightening torques:
- Steering-chassis lock
8 ÷ 10 N.m (0.8 ÷ 1 m.kg)
- Fork stem closing
15 ÷ 19 N.m (1.5 ÷ 1.9 m.kg)
1. Refit all the components:
- Readjust forks to the chassis.
- Refit the front fairing.
- Connect the headlight cables, the turn indicators and the
TIGHTEN ALL BOLTS TO THEIR NOMINAL TORQUE. (SEE
- Disconnect lighting connections.
- Disconnect dashboard connections.
Forks wheel assembly (downwards).
- Functioning (top and bottom bearings).
Push the handlebars down several times.
Irregular functioning => Repair.
See "FRONT FORKS" in CHAPTER 6.
OIL / BAR
200 ± 2
TYPE OF OIL
SAE 7,5 W