TO KEEP SUCH POSITION OF THE BRASSES ON THE CRANK-
CASE, DRIVING IS FORCED ON STEEL RINGS INSERTED IN
THE CASTING OF BOTH HALF-CRANKCASES.
DO NOT TAKE THE MEASURE ON THE HALFBEARING MAT-
CHING SURFACE SINCE THE ENDS ARE RELEASED TO ALLOW
DEFORMATION UPON INSERTION.
SPARE CRANKCASES ARE SELECTED WITH HALF-CRANKCA-
SES OF THE SAME CATEGORY AND MOUNTED WITH CATE-
GORY B BRASSES (BLUE COLOURED).
Standard driving depth
1,35 ÷ 1,6
Crankcase diameter without brass
32,953 ÷ 32,963
EFITTING THE CRANKCASE HALVES
- Assemble the internal bullkhead by locking the 2 screws to
the prescribed torque.
- Mount the oil filter union, tightening it to the prescribed
- Position the gasket on the half case together with the cen-
tring dowels, preferably on the transmission side of the half
- Lubricate the bench bronzes and insert the driving shaft on
the transmission side of the halfcase.
- Join the 2 half cases.
- Mount the 10 screws and lock to the prescribed torque.
- Mount a new O-ring on the precleaner and lubricate it.