-Fit the timing chain drive sprocket onto the crankshaft with
the bevelled edge towards the inserting side.
- Fit the timing drive chain onto the crankshaft.
- Fit the tensioning roller from the cylinder head side.
- Fit the spacer with the securing bolt.
- Lock the bolt at the prescribed torque.
- Fit the shafts and the rockers.
- Lubricate the 2 rockers through the top holes.
- Lubricate the two seats and insert the camshaft into the
cylinder head with the beds opposite the rockers.
- Fit the retaining plate and tighten the 2 bolts indicated in
the figure, locking them at the prescribed torque.
- Insert the spacer onto the camshaft.
- Position the piston at top dead centre using the reference
marks between the flywheel and the engine crankcase.
- Maintaining these positions, fit the chain onto the camshaft
- Insert onto the camshaft maintaining the 4V mark in line
with the reference mark made on the cylinder head.
- Fit the counterweight with the securing bolt and lock at the
- Fit the end of run ring onto the valve lifter and fit the valve
lifter bed onto the camshaft
- Fit the valve lifter return spring. During this operation the
spring must be loaded by some 180°.
- Fit the retaining bell housing using the counterweight secu-
ring bolt as a reference.
- Lock the central securing bolt at the prescribed torque.
- Position the tensioner cursor in the resting position.
- Fit the tensioner onto the cylinder using a new seal, locking
the 2 bolts at the prescribed torque.