SPLITTING THE CRANKCASE HALVES
Remove the following assemblies: transmission cover, driving
pulley, driven pulley and belt, rear hub cover, gears, bearings
and oil guards as described in the Transmission chapter.
- Remove the oil sump, the by-pass, the chain compartment
cover, the oil pump as described in the
Remove the flywheel cover with water pump, the flywheel,
the stator as described in the Magneto flywheel chapter.
- Remove the oil filter and the oil pressure switch.
- Remove the cylinder-piston-head unit as described in the
Timing head cylinder chapter.
- Remove the 2 screws shown in the figure and the starter
Before opening the engine crankcase, check the driving shaft
axial clearance. To this purpose, use a plate and a support
with specific comparator tool.
Higher clearance denotes wear of the crankcase driving
shaft rest surfaces.
0,15 ÷ 0,40 mm
- Remove the 11 screws securing the two halfcrankcases.
- Split the crankcase halves taking care to leave the cranks-
haft attached to of the two halves.
- Remove the crankshaft.
FAILURE TO OBSERVE THIS RULE CAN CAUSE THE ACCIDEN-
TAL DROP OF THE DRIVING SHAFT.