- Check the axial clearance of the connecting rod.
- Check the radial clearance of the connecting rod.
- Check that the axial clearance containment surfaces do
not show scoring and using a gauge, check the width of the
driving shaft as shown in the figure.
- If the driving shaft-case axial clearance is greater than the
standard and the driving shaft does not show any abnorma-
lity, the problem is surely due to wear or incorrect machining
of the engine case.
- Check the diameters of both capacities of the driving shaft
according to the axes and planes shown in the figure. The
shaft sections are classified in two categories, Cat. 1 and
Cat. 2 shown beneath in the table.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO LET THE MEASUREMENT BE AFFECTED
BY THE UNIONS WITH THE DRIVING SHAFT ENDS.
WHILE OPENING THE CRANKCASES AND REMOVING THE
DRIVING SHAFT, CHECK THAT THE SHAFT THREADED ENDS
DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THE BENCH BRASSES. FAILURE
TO OBSERVE THIS PRECAUTION CAN DAMAGE THE BENCH
FAILURE TO OBSERVE THIS RULE CAN CAUSE THE ACCIDEN-
TAL DROP OF THE DRIVING SHAFT.
THE DRIVING SHAFT CAN BE REUSED WHEN THE WIDTH FA-
LLS WITHIN THE STANDARD VALUES AND THE SURFACES ARE
FREE FROM SCRATCHES.
020262Y Crankcase detachment plate
020335Y Magnetic stand and comparator