HECKING THE SPARK ADVANCE
- To check the ignition advance, use the stroboscopic lamp
with induction collet connected to the spark plug power su-
- Connect the induction collet according to the right polarity
(the arrow on the collet must be facing the spark plug).'
- Set the lamp selector to the central position (1 spark = 1
driving shaft revolution as in 2 stroke engines).
- Start the engine and check that the lamp is in good working
order and that the rpm counter reads high speeds too (e.g.
- If you detect abnormal flashes or rpm reads, increase the
resistive load on the spark plug supply line (10 - 15 KQ in
series with the H.V. cable).
- Remove the slit plastic cap on the flywheel cover.
- Adjust the lamp flash dephasing corrector to make the re-
ference on the flywheel cover collimate with the level on the
water pump drive. Read the advance degrees indicated by
the stroboscopic lamp.
Ignition advance (before T.D.C) 125
10° ± 1° at 2000 r.p.m. - 34° ± 1° at 6000 r.p.m
- Remove the spark plug.
- Remove the plastic cover from the slotted hole on the
flywheel cover, indicated in the picture.