- In case of noise of the bearings or fluid leaks from the insi-
de drainage hole, proceed to the water pump overhaul.
- Remove the flywheel cover with the water pump from the
engine (see chapter 4).
- Remove the impeller cover loosening the 3 screws shown
in the figure.
- Place the flywheel cover on the ring base of the tool drawing
- Using a press and the punch of the specific tool 020440Y,
eject the shaft with impeller from the drive and from the bea-
- Using a screwdriver, remove the static portion of the cera-
mic seal from the flywheel cover.
-Place the flywheel cover under the press checking that it is
perfectly in plane.
- Using the punch in reverse position, eject the two ball bea-
TO PREVENT DAMAGING THE COVER SURFACE THAT SEALS
THE COOLING FLUID, USE THE RING BASE WITH THE MA-
CHINED SURFACE FACING THE FLYWHEEL COVER.
- Ensure the impeller is not abnormally worn or cracked;
- Ensure the impeller shaft is not corroded;
- Ensure there are no signs of oxidation on the bearing
housing and on the ceramic seals;
- Ensure the driven gear is not cracked and perfectly joint to
the steel hub.