- Put the vehicle on the central stand.
- Open the door on the left side of the vehicle by levering in
the recess in the lower part of the door after removing the
- Disconnect the spark plug HV cable cap. - Unscrew the
spark plug with the spanner provided.
- Check the spark plug to see if the insulator is cracked, the
electrodes are worn out or excessively sooty. Also check the
condition of the seal washer and measure the spark gap with
a suitable thickness gauge.
- If necessary adjust the spark gap by carefully bending the
side electrode. If the spark plug has any of the defects men-
tioned above, replace it with a plug of the recommended
- Insert the plug into the hole with the proper inclination,
screw it in fully by hand and then tighten itwitizthe specially
- Push the spark plug cap all the way down onto the spark
plug and then proceed to the reassembly.
THE SPARK PLUG MUST BE REMOVED WITH COLD ENGI-
NE. THE SPARK PLUG SHOULD BE REPLACED EVERY 12,000
KM. THE USE OF NONCONFORMING IGNITION CONTRO-
LLERS, AND SPARK PLUGS OTHER THAN THOSE PRESCRI-
BED CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE THE ENGINE.
Spark plug (250)~'^Z.S- iz5c)
Distance between the electrodes
mm 0,7 - 0,8
Pares de apriete (N.m)
Spark plug 12 ÷ 14