- Check that the automatic starter piston exhibits no scrat-
ches or oxidation.
- Check that the piston slides freely into the seat.
- Check that the piston sealing gasket exhibits no deforma-
- The starter must be more or less inserted according to the
- Measure the projection of the piston as shown in the figure,
and check the corresponding value.
- Ensure that the starter settles at ambient temperature.
- The starter should gradually disconnect by the electric hea-
- Check the starter resistance when settled at ambient tem-
- Using a 12V battery, power the automatic starter and check
that the piston reaches the maximum protrusion.
- The actual heating time depends on the ambient tempe-
- If you detect projections, resistance or times differing from
those prescribed, replace the complete starter.
- Install the starter on the carburettor checking the proper
positioning of the 0-Ring, insert the plate with the knurling
resting against the starter, tighten the fixing screw.
- Orientate the starter as in the figure.
- Install the safety casing.
TO PERFORM THIS CHECK, BE CAREFUL NOT TO GENERATE
ANY SHORT CIRCUITS. TO THIS PURPOSE, USE A CABLE WITH
SUITABLE TERMINAL FOR CONNECTING TO THE STARTER.
Automatic starter check Kehin max time