Enter server-hostname? : server
server-hostname is 'server' (y/n)[y] : y
The host name of the server must be pre-registered with DNS, NIS, NIS+ or /etc/hosts.
8. When Set Remote Printer is selected, type the remote printer name.
Enter server-printer-name? : ps
server-printer-name is 'ps' (y/n)[y] : y
Type ps when the printer is a network connection printer.
9. Type the printer name to be registered with the system.
Enter printer-name? [dell5130cdn] : dell5130cdn
Printer-name is 'dell5130cdn' (y/n)[y] : y
10. Specify the directory to install the utility. To install into /usr/local/dellbin5130, press the <Enter> key. To
change the directory, specify one.
Enter Binary directory name? [/usr/local/dellbin5130] :
11. If this utility has been installed earlier, the user will be prompted whether to overwrite the earlier version.
directory is '/usr/local/dellbin5130' (y/n)[n] : y
12. If the server input at step 5 the printer connected by the network, type <y>. If the server and the printer are
connected locally, type <n>.
'dell5130cdn'is network printer?:(y/n)[y] : y
The software installation is complete.
When the printing settings are modified or changed by the Administration Tool (admintool) after the
installation, printing may not work.
Operation on HP-UX
The host name of the output printer which you want to specify in step 6 must be pre-registered with a sam
1. Insert the Drivers and Utilities CD into the CD-ROM drive of the local workstation.
2. Log on as a root account and extract the installation script from the Drivers and Utilities CD.
If you have no root privilege, contact your system administrator.
# mount -F cdfs -o cdcase /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 /cdrom
# cd /tmp
# cp /cdrom/uxfilter.tar /tmp
# tar xvf UXFILTER.tar
/dev/ds/clt2d0 is an example. Specify the CD-ROM device file for all workstations.