5. Load paper into the tray with the recommended print side facing up.
Do not exceed the maximum fill line in the tray. Overfilling the tray may cause paper jams.
6. After confirming that the guides are securely adjusted, replace the paper tray into the printer.
7. Select the paper type from the operator panel if any print media other than plain print media is loaded. If a user-
specified print media is loaded in the standard 550-sheet tray, you must specify the paper size setting by using the
For standard-size papers, adjust the guides first and then set papers.
Loading an Envelope in Standard Trays
1. Raise the latch on the handle of the right hand cover to open the cover.
2. Press down the lever to set the envelope mode.
If you insert media other than envelopes, lift up the lever.
If you use the optional output expander, raise the lever as shown in the illustration.