Removing a PCI adapter
To remove an adapter from a PCI riser-card assembly, complete the following steps.
1. Read the safety information that begins on page vii and "Installation guidelines"
2. Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect all power cords and
3. Press down on the left and right side rack latches and slide the server out of the
4. Remove the PCI riser-card assembly that contains the adapter (see "Removing
5. Disconnect any cables from the adapter (make note of the cable routing, in case
System x3650 M3 Types 4255, 7945, and 7949: Installation and User's Guide
on page 37.
external cables (see "Turning off the server" on page 22).
rack enclosure until both slide rails lock; then, remove the cover (see "Removing
the cover" on page 44).
a PCI riser-card assembly" on page 45).
you reinstall the adapter later).