System x3650 M3 Types 4255, 7945, and 7949: Installation and User's Guide
4. Remove the two 4-drive filler panels that are to the right of drive bay 8,
beneath the IDs 8 - 15 on the front bezel.
5. To obtain more working room, remove fans 2 and 3 (see "Removing a
hot-swap fan" on page 115).
6. Pull the hard disk drives or fillers out of the server slightly to disengage them
from the backplanes. For more information, see"Removing a hard disk drive"
on page 59.
7. Disconnect the SAS signal cables from the SAS controller, which is connected
to the SAS riser-card. Leave the other end of the SAS signal cables connected
to the hard disk drive backplanes.
8. Remove the SAS controller assembly from the server; then, remove the SAS
controller from the SAS riser-card. See "Removing a ServeRAID SAS
controller from the SAS riser-card" on page 121 for instructions.