Installing the DIMM air baffle
The following illustration shows how to install the DIMM air baffle.
To install the DIMM air baffle, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page vii and "Installation guidelines"
2. Make sure that the server and peripheral devices are turned off (see "Turning
3. Remove the cover (see "Removing the cover" on page 44).
4. Make sure that PCI riser-card assembly 1 is removed (see "Removing a PCI
5. Align the DIMM air baffle with the DIMMs and the back of the fans.
6. Lower the air baffle into place.
7. Install PCI riser-card assembly 1, if needed (see "Installing a PCI riser-card
the server. Operating the server with any air baffle removed might damage server
System x3650 M3 Types 4255, 7945, and 7949: Installation and User's Guide
DIMM air baffle
on page 37.
off the server" on page 22) and that all power cords and external cables are
riser-card assembly" on page 45).
assembly" on page 46.
For proper cooling and airflow, replace all air baffles before you turn on