Installing a USB hypervisor memory key
Hypervisor is a virtualization platform that enables multiple operating systems to run
on a host computer at the same time. Support for hypervisor is available with the
purchase and installation of an optional USB hypervisor memory key, with
embedded hypervisor software.
To install the USB hypervisor memory key, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page vii and "Installation guidelines"
2. Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect all power cords and
3. Remove the cover (see "Removing the cover" on page 44).
4. Locate the SAS riser-card assembly, which is near the left front corner of the
5. Push the blue locking collar on the USB hypervisor connector on the SAS
6. Insert the hypervisor memory key into the USB hypervisor connector.
7. Slide the blue lock on the USB hypervisor connector forward toward the
If you have other devices to install or remove, do so now. Otherwise, go to
"Completing the installation" on page 139.
Note: You must configure the server to boot from the hypervisor USB drive. See
Chapter 3, "Configuring the server," on page 143 for information about enabling the
on page 37.
external cables (see "Turning off the server" on page 22).
riser-card toward the SAS riser-card (the unlocked position).
hypervisor memory key as far as it will go, to secure the memory key in
Chapter 2. Installing optional devices