Removing the DIMM air baffle
When you work with some optional devices, you must first remove the DIMM air
baffle to access certain components or connectors on the system board. The
following illustration shows how to remove the DIMM air baffle.
To remove the DIMM air baffle, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page vii and "Installation guidelines"
2. Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect all power cords and
3. Remove the cover (see "Removing the cover" on page 44).
4. Remove PCI riser-card assembly 1, if needed (see "Removing a PCI riser-card
5. Place your fingers under the front and back of the top of the air baffle; then, lift
DIMM air baffle
on page 37.
external cables (see "Turning off the server" on page 22).
assembly" on page 45).
the air baffle out of the server.
For proper cooling and airflow, replace all air baffles before you
turn on the server. Operating the server with any air baffle removed might
damage server components.
Chapter 2. Installing optional devices