Removing the microprocessor 2 air baffle
When you work with some optional devices, you must first remove the
microprocessor 2 air baffle to access certain components. The following illustration
shows how to remove the microprocessor 2 air baffle.
To remove the microprocessor 2 air baffle, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page vii and "Installation guidelines"
2. Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect all power cords and
3. Remove the cover (see "Removing the cover" on page 44).
4. Remove PCI riser-card assembly 2 if one is installed (see "Removing a PCI
5. Grasp the top of the air baffle and lift the air baffle out of the server.
on page 37.
external cables (see "Turning off the server" on page 22).
riser-card assembly" on page 45).
For proper cooling and airflow, replace all air baffles before you
turn on the server. Operating the server with any air baffle removed might
damage server components.
Chapter 2. Installing optional devices