Installing the microprocessor 2 air baffle
To install the microprocessor 2 air baffle, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page vii and "Installation guidelines"
2. Make sure that the server and peripheral devices are turned off (see "Turning
3. Remove the cover (see "Removing the cover" on page 44).
4. Align the tab on the left side of the microprocessor 2 air baffle with the slot in
5. Lower the microprocessor 2 air baffle into the server. Make sure that the pin on
System x3650 M3 Types 4255, 7945, and 7949: Installation and User's Guide
on page 37.
off the server" on page 22) and that all power cords and external cables are
the right side of the power-supply cage.
the end of the air baffle is inserted into the hole on the system board (see the
For proper cooling and airflow, replace all air baffles before you
turn on the server. Operating the server with any air baffle removed might
damage server components.