Removing a USB hypervisor memory key
To remove the USB hypervisor memory key, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page vii and "Installation guidelines"
2. Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect all power cords and
3. Remove the cover (see "Removing the cover" on page 44).
4. Locate the SAS riser-card assembly, which is near the left front corner of the
5. Push the blue locking collar on the USB hypervisor connector back toward the
6. Pull the hypervisor memory key from the USB hypervisor connector.
If you have other devices to install or remove, do so now. Otherwise, go to
"Completing the installation" on page 139.
Note: You must configure the server not to look for the hypervisor USB drive. See
Chapter 3, "Configuring the server," on page 143 for information about disabling
System x3650 M3 Types 4255, 7945, and 7949: Installation and User's Guide
on page 37.
external cables (see "Turning off the server" on page 22).
SAS riser-card to unlock it from the connector.