v Two M5015 adapters
v Four M3 screws
v Eight blank EMC fillers
v Two SAS signal cables
v One remote battery cable
v One internal power cable
v Two backplane brackets
To install a SAS/SATA 8 Pac HDD for 2 RAID kit with 2 M5015 adapters in a
16-drive-capable server model, complete the following steps:
System x3650 M3 Types 4255, 7945, and 7949: Installation and User's Guide
1. Read the safety information that begins on page vii and "Installation guidelines"
on page 37.
2. Turn off the server and disconnect all power cords and external cables (see
"Turning off the server" on page 22).
3. Remove the server cover (see "Removing the cover" on page 44).
4. Remove the two 4-drive filler panels that are to the right of drive bay 8,
beneath the IDs 8 - 15 on the front bezel.
5. To obtain more working room, remove fans 2 and 3 (see "Removing a
hot-swap fan" on page 115).
6. Pull the hard disk drives or fillers out of the server slightly to disengage them
from the backplanes. For more information, see"Removing a hard disk drive"
on page 59.
7. Disconnect the SAS signal cables from the SAS controller, which is connected
to the SAS riser-card. Leave the other end of the SAS signal cables connected
to the hard disk drive backplanes.