12. Install the SAS riser-card and controller assembly (see "Installing the SAS
13. Slide the tape-drive assembly most of the way into the tape-drive bay.
14. Connect the signal and power cables from the SAS riser-card to the back of
15. Slide the tape-drive assembly the rest of the way into the tape-drive bay.
16. Push the latch to the closed (locked) position.
If you have other devices to install or remove, do so now. Otherwise, go to
"Completing the installation" on page 139.
System x3650 M3 Types 4255, 7945, and 7949: Installation and User's Guide
SAS riser card
Tape drive power
riser-card and controller assembly" on page 118). Fold the excess length of the
cables under the SAS controller assembly.
the tape drive.
Make sure that all the cables are positioned underneath the
tape-drive assembly before you insert the assembly in the tape-drive bay.
Otherwise, the cables might be damaged.