1. Read the safety information that begins on page vii, "Installation guidelines" on
page 37, and "Handling static-sensitive devices" on page 39.
2. Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords
and all external cables.
3. Install the tape drive on the tray as shown in the following illustration. If the
tape drive comes with a metal spacer attached, remove the spacer before you
install the tape drive on the tray.
4. Prepare the drive according to the instructions that come with the drive, setting
any switches or jumpers.
5. Remove the SAS riser-card and controller assembly (see "Removing the SAS
riser-card and controller assembly" on page 117).
6. Remove the SAS controller from the SAS riser-card.
To remove the SAS controller from the SAS riser-card, complete the following
a. Disconnect the SAS signal cables from the connectors on the SAS
b. Pull the SAS controller horizontally out of the connector on the SAS
7. Remove the configuration cable and install the SAS controller on the
tape-enabled SAS riser-card:
Chapter 2. Installing optional devices