b. Connect the straight connector end of the longer SAS signal cable to the
other SAS connector that is labeled "Ports 3-0" on a ServeRAID-MR10i
SAS/SAS Controller. This cable has a right-angle connector and a straight
Note: If you are connecting the longer SAS signal cable to a
ServeRAID-BR10i v2 SAS/SATA Controller, the connectors are reversed.
You must connect the straight connector end of the longer SAS signal
cable to the connector that is labeled "Port 0–3".
24. Remove the PCI riser-card assembly (see "Removing a PCI riser-card
assembly" on page 45).
25. Orient the SAS controller so that the connectors are on the underside of the
controller. Install the SAS controller in the connector on the PCI riser card.
(See the previous illustration and see "Installing a PCI adapter" on page 52.)
26. Install the PCI riser-card assembly in the server (see "Installing a PCI
riser-card assembly" on page 46).
27. Connect the free end of the remote battery cable to the battery on the remote
battery tray. For more information, see "Installing a ServeRAID SAS controller
battery on the remote battery tray" on page 126.
28. Connect the SAS signal cables to the SAS expander card:
a. Connect the SAS signal cables from hard disk drive backplane 2 to the
right front connectors on the SAS expander card (as facing the front of the
Chapter 2. Installing optional devices